This project kind of went along with the Bathroom Face Lift....My daughters have several head bands, hair scrunchies, barrettes, clips, etc. They filled a whole drawer in our bathroom and in my daughters bedrooms. I knew I wanted to have them all organized and in one place! Quite awhile back I had came across re purposing an oatmeal canister on Pinterest and had pinned and saved it for a "later" project....well now was the perfect time to give it a try! (If you just type in oatmeal canister on Pinterest it will come up with several different projects to do with your oatmeal canister along with the handy dandy hair accessory holder.)
- First I emptied my oatmeal into Ziploc bags!
- Then I wiped out the inside of my canister.
- Then I covered the canister with 12x12 scrapbook paper cut to size (I'm sure you could use contact paper or fabric or some other creative "cover up").
- I used my hot glue gun to attach it. (I'm sure Mod Podge might work too!)
- I then added ribbon around the top and the bottom. (You could dress up the canister any way you wanted with glitter, stickers, stamps, flowers, feathers....get creative!)
- My daughters then put their headbands on the outside which is a perfect fit and then filled the inside of the canister with scrunchies, barrettes, clips etc.